Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Lots of Fun Around Here . . .

This morning, Peter begged me to play blocks with him, so I built the kids two "airplanes" out of blocks. (I tried to convince Peter that they were cars, but he was adament that they were airplanes.) They had so much fun riding their toys up and down the hallway. Peter even took his buddy, Grouchy Bear, for a ride.











Later, when Baby was napping, Peter and I baked Snickerdoodles. I am making little gift-bags for all my students as Christmas presents. I doubled the recipe, so hopefully I'll have enough to give away after Peter and Andy wolf them down.

On a knitting note, I got bored with Andy's second Christmas sock, so I started a sweater for Breanna. I've been wanting to try my hand at designing my own Aran sweater. What do you think? I have to say this is the HARDEST cabled sweater I've ever done. Next time, I'm picking easier cables. This particular design has an 18-row repeat, with some cables done on the back of the sweater, as well as the front.

I'm using some recycled yarn from an old sweater. It's not my favorite, but it's free, and the color is rather nice. I'm hoping that I don't need all the yarn, because the cat got into my yarn bin, and she's completely tangled a skein of this yarn. I'm not looking forward to wading through that mess. Hopefully, I won't need that last skein, and I can just chuck it!

No comments: