Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another Knitting Addict

I recently taught my friend Lynn J. to knit, and I think she's getting "hooked" (hee hee!). These were her first projects; you can see her knitting progress as she does more dishcloths.

So, as penance for getting another poor soul addicted to knitting, I made her a knitting case this afternoon. I really was supposed to be ironing my clothes, but that felted sweater in the laundry basket was calling to me . . .

Yes, I just cut up a sweater that I had accidentally felted. I serged the edges and added buttons and buttonholes. I wish my serging job were better, but, alas, it is what it is! The sweater color is a nice, soft, gray/blue, but I couldn't seem to get my camera to capture the color.

Well, Lynn, I have something for you next time I see you. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yay Lynn - way to go!!

Making a knitting needle case out of the felted sweater was a great idea! You could even do some purposely felted pieces to make into some cases...maybe sell them on ebay or in an etsy shop or something!

Danielle said...

That's a cute idea with the felted needle case. I bet she'll really like it. Hey, I've been having trouble figuring out how to post the patterns to my sidebar, maybe you could help me? I'd really appreciate it alot. Thanks in advance.

Danielle said...

Rachel, you are a sweetie! Your quick tutorial you left me in my comments made perfect sense, and it worked great! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a super weekend.

Anonymous said...

ACK! I'm on your blog!! Hope this wasn't supposed to be a surprise?? I'm so excited now. You're the greatest!

Isn't today the recital? Good luck!