Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lacy Green Stole

I finished knitting that stole I posted about earlier. The yarn was NoBo ribbon yarn from Wal-mart (given to me by some very sweet students!), and I loved working with it. I was going to keep it for myself, but after consideration, decided to gift it to my mum as a second knitted birthday present. I had already knitted her the "Icky Green Sweater" as an early birthday present, but, after all, one's 50th birthday should deserve some special extras!

The pattern I chose was actually a Falling leaves scarf pattern from Interweave Knits that I adapted to make a stole. Basically, I just used the ribbon yarn (instead of regular worsted weight) and size 15 needles. I'm fairly happy with the finished result.

Sorry that I can't get a clearer picture. It's hard to get the lace details. At least the color is accurate - bright sea green with blues and golds in it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I've missed alot this week. Between my daughter being sick with the flu, and then of course I had to get it too. Now my oldest son has it as well! Man, we all just can't stay healthy.

All your knitting looks great! I'm partial to green anyway, but it does always make me think spring. Haven't you been just eating up this nice weather! I will take your tip on posting my patterns in the sidebar, if I have any problems doing it I'll ask you--Okay? Thanks for the tip too,I love the word plethora too--great word!