Friday, April 20, 2007

Classic Twist Sweater - DONE!

Hooray, hooray, I've gotten the Classic Twist Sweater all done! (Well, almost all done. I still have a few yarn bits to weave in.) I was so impatient to show ya'll the sweater, that I couldn't wait for better light. I'm planning to get some really good photographs of the sweater in a few days, but for now, this will have to do! Andy was nice enough to model it for me . . . and of course, he couldn't resist preening for the camera!

This is a little better shot of the details. No, my husband is not green, nor is he the Incredible Hulk (although he often thinks he is!). I just altered the colors of the photo so the sweater looks truer to its natural shade, a deep, deep green.

For the sleeves, I kept the ribbing the same and only put one row of twists down the side.

I'll try to put the finishing touches on the pattern soon, and then I'll post it to my design blog. I have to adjust it to fit men's small, medium, and large sizes, and perhaps an extra-extra large size as well. The vertical ribbing is slimming, so it's great for big guys.

9 comments:

DebbieKnitter said...

OMG I am DYING laughing over here. Your husband reminds me of mine LOL The sweater is really nice, Is it very heavy? I would love to make my husband but he gets so hot and itchy in sweaters!! Hmmmm, maybe it wouldn't be that bad if I bought some other kind of lighter weight yarn. Whaddya think?? Although, I dunno if I could get him to pose like that LOL

Ellen said...

Oh, that Andy! I got a good laugh seeing those pics. -I LOVE your sweater! Geesh, I'm jealous, ... I want to learn to knit!! You do SUCH GOOD work! You are so talented!

Danielle said...

Andy looks like a fun guy to have around LOL! That sweater turned out great. I know I've said it before, but you really are the queen of cables my dear! And you really do have that certain sweater mojo going on, you've got it down pat I'd have to say.

Danielle said...

Oh hey, I just checked out your design blog. Great name, and fabulous idea. You're very clever indeed!!

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

I always knew there was something special about Andy!! Wow, all he needs are a few peacock feathers knitted into the back of that sweater and he can strut and impress everone out there in your knitting world Rachel!!! This is by far the best blog post I have seen in a while. You made my day!
Love Ya'll
MOM

Unknown said...

ha! too funny...

Unknown said...

ha! too funny...

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

That picture of Andy posing is tooooo funny. You absolutely HAVE to make a scrapbook page of him! I swear if those clothing catalogs would use pics like this, I would buy more clothes...although the green hands were a bit strange. Ha! :) j/k

Love you guys...Oh BTW.

Angie

Acornbud said...

Very nice work! Your husband is a lot of fun!