Sunday, April 22, 2007

Knitting Updates

I'll have to just do a quick post today because it's a beautiful evening and the kids are screaming (literally) to go outside.

I recently picked up this lovely yarn, and just had to show it to ya'll. The yarn on the left is Lion Brand's Magic Stripes sock yarn, and the skein on the left is (trumpets and drum roll, please) my VERY FIRST SKEIN of "real" nice yarn. I bought it at the most wonderful Fiber Arts Faire, but more about that in a later post . . . .

I started knitting a simple pair of socks with the sock yarn, but I haven't had a chance to take pics of my progress yet. I did, however start a scarf with the luscious green stuff. The color is such a gorgeous living green, it just makes me want to sink my toes into the dirt and start to grow roots! So, I thought this pattern would be perfect for such beautiful yarn.

Sorry I don't have the link right now, but I'll try to post it later. It's a free pattern, and I found it nearly impossible to knit until I charted it, and now it's really not that difficult. I think it will be a "medi-con" (medium concentration) project for me. I do, do hope I have enough yarn, though. The skein only has 197 yards, and is a light worsted weight. Do you think it's enough, or should I frog and remove the border from the scarf? I don't think I can purchase more yarn, so I'm stuck with what's here.

Finally, I have to show you this little sock I knitted for my daughter. I adapted it from another sock pattern, and I'll try to post the pattern to my design blog in a few days after I've had the chance to double check the pattern for errors.

Well, I'm off to play in the sand box!

4 comments:

Acornbud said...

That green stuff is really lucious! What a lovely pattern. The little socks are really adorable. I love the hem.

Ellen said...

I love Bre's socks!! SO cute. The scarf is going to be GORGEOUS. That yarn does look so nice; the color is beautiful. Glad you're having such nice weather... we've finally been enjoying some ourselves. YEA!

Michelle said...

I love the little socks! Please please please hurry with the pattern!

Diane said...

Adorable little socks.