Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Po' Baby

Andy recently installed a screen door to the back porch room so that I could keep an eye on the kids playing outside in the back yard and still be in the kitchen. It's wonderful to have it, but a bad side-affect is that one must stand on the steps (rather than the stoop) in order to open the door, as the door must have room to swing out.Yesterday evening, just as I was getting ready to leave for my weekly scrapbooking night with the girls, we had our first "accident" with the screen door. Peter had come inside for a moment, and so Breanna wanted to come in, too. Peter was trying to be sweet and open the door for her, but it didn't occur to him that opening the door would knock her off the steps and onto the cement paving below. Thankfully, it wasn't too high (about 3 feet), but it was still a dangerous mishap. She fell full onto her face, getting a nasty bump on the head, a split and scratched lip, and some bloody teeth. Poor thing. I actually saw her fall, and it was one of those horrible slow moments when your mind sees it happening and you try desperately to avert the disaster, but it's too late.Whenever Breanna gets hurt, or is feeling sorry for herself, she wimpers "po' baby, po' baby". My poor, poor baby. I'm so thankful she wasn't hurt worse, but even today she's still pretty clingy and not quite feeling right. Hopefully she'll recover soon. I'm especially hoping her upper lip heals, because right now, with the bloody scratches scarring over, she looks a bit like Hitler.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, poor little Breanna!! I hate those moments like that when you actually see the accident in slow-mo and are truely helpless to stop it from happening. I hope your sweetie feels better soon. That's just terrible for her and you. Poor Peter too, he was just trying to help. Aw, what things our kiddo's have to go through! I have to giggle just a bit about your hitler comment though.

Thanks for the nice comment on the new look of my blog. I didn't realize you could put a picture like that in the header, dugh!! So, I fooled around a bit the other day and made a few modifications. I really like the scarf/stole you're designing. It looks really pretty so far. I applaud you for charting out a complicated lace design. That's no easy feat, especially when you're new to it! I think you've got the design gene for sure!

Ellen said...

Oh! She looks so pitiful! I had one of "those moments" when Claire fell down our staircase! It's heart-wrenching. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but your sharing about how she says Po' Baby,...etc. just made me laugh. Where did she pick that up from? She is TOO cute!

-Claire had a nasty scar on her face a year ago and the Dr. urged me to use Mederma for kids so that the scar would diminish. Must say I was a skeptic, but it really did make it fade away! Worth a try so it doesn't scar - expensive, but worth every penny!

Po' baby... :) Hope she feels herself soon!

Cindy said...

Awww! Poor baby indeed! I hope she heals up rapidly.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

My poor Baby Baannnna. I don't think I can wait to send up that bear. Caleb and I are going to mail it tomorrow. I think she need a little friend to cuddle. Poor baby!