Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Bumper Crop Year!

About a month ago, I knew already that our garden was going to be really good this year. I just didn't quite realize how good it would be!

These are snow peas. Usually our snow peas (which produce very well) grow to about 4 feet. I am *cough-cough* a very tall person (my nose is growing, can you tell?), and the peas are over my head! They've grown even more since I took this picture, and now Andy has to pick most of them, as they are taller than his 6'2" frame. (That's fine with me, as I don't really enjoy picking peas . . .)

And then I just had to pop a rose picture in here. This is my ultimate favorite rose, Double Delight. It's actually my second bush in this variety, and I picked it up this spring for only $3 at our local Aldi grocery store. Isn't it pretty? I love roses!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Glad your garden's going to yield so well for you this year!

And the rose is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE IT.

Diane said...

All I planted this year was tomatos but after watching your garden I'm insired to do more next year.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

U R A Nature girl. :) You have 4 green thumbs. HA!

LaVerna said...

Wow!You really have been blessed this year.I have a bumper crop too.They are called weeds.LOL!

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

Yes Rachel you are a naturalist just like your Auntie Erna and your grandparents :) !!!
MOM