Saturday, September 22, 2007

An Evening Off

I think Andy could tell that I was not having the best day yesterday, because he decided to take me on a date last night. He lined up a babysitter, Evan V. and Evan's little sister Emma V., to watch the kids, and we went out for dinner and a movie.

My body must be (finally) getting acclimated to the midwest. You see, when I was pregnant with my first two, I craved things like haupea or lau lau, and especially poi. Yum! These were unfortunately, all Hawaiian foods that I couldn't get in the "Frigid North", where I live. Thankfully, this time I'm craving mashed potatoes. Big time. (So far, the mashed potatoes have been kind, and haven't attached themselves directly to my thighs!)

Last night Andy and I went to Applebees, where I had a yummy meal of chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes (of course) with country gravy (yes, I'm on a health food diet. Can't you tell?). MMMMmmmmmm. Food always tastes better when you're hungry (and my backbone was nibbling on my belly button).

I still haven't gotten down the "snack on crackers" part of pregnancy, so I keep having queasy issues. I have been snacking on fruit all day, but I don't know if that works as well. My stomach is still roaring hungry by mealtime. (Oh well, enough of that. I'm sure you don't want to hear the detailed workings of my tummy.)

An-y-way . . . .

After dinner, we went to a movie, a shoot-em-up Western called 3:10 to Yuma. It was pretty good, with Russel Crowe and Christian Bale in it. (It was rated R, so if you go see it, make sure you're aware of that). After my frustrating day, I would have been happy to see commercials, as long as it was in a quiet, dark room.



What a nice evening, and today is shaping up to be pretty good, too. Andy had to pick up something at his dad's house, and he took Peter with him. You should have seen the ecstatic look on Peter's face when he learned he would "go to work with Daddy!". He was afraid to give me a hug goodbye this morning, lest Daddy leave without him (which, of course, Daddy would NEVER do.)

No comments: