Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Health Food and Ravelry

This morning I had my first experience with "true" morning sickness, unfortunately. Ick. My SiL Kathy said that I should keep some crackers next to the bed, in case I woke up hungry in the middle of the night. It seems she was right! This morning I woke up at 3:00 for my "regularly scheduled bathroom break", and realized I was very hungry. I chose sleep over stumbling downstairs for food, and now I regret it!

However, I am feeling much better now, and I even got in a nice long nap this afternoon. Yes, really, a nap! On Wednesdays, I don't teach, so it's my free day to "catch up on chores" (*cough, cough* i.e. sleep in and knit all day).

My cravings are still for mashed potatoes, which we're having for dinner (again), but this afternoon I had a strong urging for, of all things, Funnel Cake.

Okay, I am officially a sinner. Scum. Worthless Wretch #1. Guilty as charged. (But very, very happy with my Funnel Cake!). So, not wanting to be alone with my crime, I am going to tempt the rest of you! Here's the recipe - take my word for it, it's REALLY good!

pregnancy cartoon

Oh, I FINALLY got my invitation to Ravelry! Woo-hoo, now I can waste even more time online! Seriously, though, I definitely need to organize my yarn stash, and this way I can have some means of knowing what I have hidden in the attic. If you're looking for me, I'm DutchOrchid!

No comments: