Monday, September 24, 2007

Knitting Update - FINALLY!

(Tum-ta-ta-tum-ta-ta-TUUMMMMMMM!) Okay, that's my blogging version of trumpets and fanfare.

Well, you'd think after all that hullabaloo I'd have something truly spectacular to show off, but in reality, I just have some not-so-impressive WIP's (work in progresses, for you muggles).

First off the modeling runway, we have Knitspot's Bee Fields Shawl. I've finished the first chart, and am *almost* done with the second chart. The first part didn't really give me trouble, but the second part was a bit tricky until I got the hang of it. Still, it's not perfect. *Sigh* However, I'm not going to frog it, because I can't really tell where the mistake is. I just hope I don't run into this much trouble with the next section!

This is the first official shawl I've ever knit, and I must say, it's been really enjoyable. The pattern is interesting, and the yarn is fan-ta-bu-lous! For those of you non-knitters (muggles), don't worry about the lumpy factor. Lace always looks lumpy until it's been blocked. Just you wait, it'll look so different after blocking!

Secondly, I have the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It's a bit boring, since it's all stockinette, but it makes for great TV knitting (even better, since my FAVORITE show, Dancing with the Stars, is on tonight - woo hoo!). I thought I'd be clever and skip the bottom part and do a simple ribbing, but my cleverness gene isn't functioning right now. Unfortunately, the bottom curls up, so I'll have to fold it under and sew it down anyway. So much for being smart, lol!

Finally, I have one sock. Yes, I do have two feet (although perhaps two left feet, hee hee!). I think it'll be awhile before this sock's brother comes along, though. I've got a lot of more important things to knit up, first (sshhhh, don't tell the sock. It might hurt his feelings. Yes, socks are male. They get smelly and have to be tough, and they get walked all over. And don't roll your eyes at me!)

The pattern is my own, and the yarn, Tofootsies, is from my Yarn Fairy Godmother, and it's the BEST sock yarn I've ever gotten my itchy knitting fingers on. Yummmmy! Soooooo soft!

On another knitting note, I am very excited, because I got my pal for ISE5! My pal is a bit hard to figure out, but I think I've got the right scarf for her. I'm planning to knit her the White Diamonds Lace Scarf that I designed, only I'm going to do it in turquoise, and add beads for extra glam.

I was thinking about using some yarn I already had in my stash, but I decided to splurge and get something new. I just love working with Plymouth Royal Bamboo, and they have a great turquoise blue color. Luckily, I even found some for a good buy!

Oh, thanks so much for all the sweet people who have left comments to cheer me up and keep me going. I'm feeling ever so much better today (lots more energy!). You guys (and gals!) are the best!

No comments: