Friday, October 12, 2007

The Magic of Blocking and Chocolate

I finished the scarf I was test-knitting for Plucky Knitter, and finally got around to blocking it. It never ceases to amaze me what a difference blocking makes for knitted items, especially if it's lace.

Before:

After:

I won't be able to post for a few days, because I'm going to go visit family in Michigan. I can't wait! I'm picking up my Mum at the airport tomorrow, and off we go to Uncle Paul and Aunt Sue's house. We're planning to stay there a day, and then head up to the upper Peninsula to go look for Petosky Stones. Should be fun, and the kids and I are psyched!

As a treat for my Mum and my Auntie Sue, I made some Ghiradelli Chocolate Truffles (if you'd like to make some, the recipe is on the back of Ghiradelli's Semi-sweet chocolate chips). Let me say, that these have made my day go very smoooooooooooothly! I think the boxes took me longer to make than the truffles, though! (I just used some leftover scrapbooking paper).

Now, I have to get some packing done . . .

No comments: