Wednesday, November 14, 2007

International Scarf Exchange 5

(Special apologies, but I wrote this post for the ISE5 blog, and I'm just too lazy to convert it for this blog. That explains why some of the information is redundant. It doesn't explain why I'm feeling so lazy. Oh well, I'm off to make myself a cup of Earl Grey tea to console myself.)

Well, I finally got around to finishing my pal's scarf. Actually, I must confess that I finished it over a week ago, but haven't gotten around to packaging and mailing it. Bad me! Bad scarf pal!

In my defense, I went on a wonderful scrapbooking retreat (click on this if you want to get extraordinarily jealous of me). Then, there was Veteran's Day, which the post office rightly celebrates (because, as we all know, delivering mail up here in the Frigid North is like waging a daily battle with the elements).

Well, without further ado, here's my scarf (well, my pal's scarf, if I ever get around to mailing it). It's knitted with 100% bamboo yarn from Plymouth Yarn Company (it's Royal Bamboo), and the drape is just delicious. My daughter wears it like royalty, and I'm hoping my pal will feel like a queen with this draped around her neck.

It's my own pattern, and this is the second one I've knitted, but this time I added beads for extra glam. People have asked for the pattern, but I've submitted it to Knitty, so I have to wait to give it out until I find out for sure that they've rejected me. (They seem to like doing that). If you'd like the pattern, keep checking my blog, because I'll be sure to post my rejection there, and then I'll put up the pattern to show everyone that I'm not a complete failure.

One last shot of the edging details. After all, it's the details that we knitters (a-hem, knitters and crocheters, sorry) love. I promise, secret pal, that I will get this in the mail by the end of the week. I promise. If I don't, I won't do any more knitting until it's packaged and on it's way. There. Now I'm sure to get it packaged.

No comments: