Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Test-Knitting

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, but something arrived in the mail today that cheered me tremendously, stupendously, and whatever-ously else you want.

This. Isn't this the most oh-so-luscious looking yarn you've ever seen? It's from Briar Rose Fibers, and it's not acrylic. (Please don't faint from the shock.) This stuff is an unbelievably soft 100% merino wool, and it's going to go straight to my feet.

Hee hee, I'm practically giddy from the anticipation, but I am actually a test-knitter for the coolest designer, Anne Hanson. She's wanting to adapt this mitt/hat pattern into a pair of socks, and I get to try out the pattern! Plus, Anne generously sent me the yarn for free, and I get to keep the socks! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(Okay, I'm back from running around the house like a lunatic with my hands waving wildly above my head.)

Isn't this exciting? I feel like such an elite knitter, now. I have my evening all planned out - after my dental appointment this evening (ugh, good thing I've got knitting to look forward to.), and the mandatory grocery shopping (ugh, good thing I've got knitting to look forward to), I am going to come home and knit, knit, knit, while listening to the Hobbit on audio book.

You know, I was thinking when I saw this pattern that these would make some really nice man-socks, don't you agree? Perhaps when I'm done knitting a pair for myself I'll knit up a dress pair for Handyman . . .

I'm really glad the yarn Anne sent me is such a lovely shade of red/rose. I don't have to feel guilty about knitting a pair for myself first, instead of Handyman. He'd never wear red socks. I, on the other hand, will display them proudly for all to see and be shocked.

No comments: