Thursday, March 27, 2008

Been A Few Days . . .

Well, you're probably sick of looking at the same scarf pattern that I've had up, and you're most likely sick of seeing what I got/gave for birthday presents, but oh well, this is my blog. Just read and envy, hee hee!

Here's a picture of the birthday snow that God sent me. I have many other things that I'm terribly grateful for, so I don't feel too badly for whining about the snow. (Yes, that's a our Christmas tree out front. Yes, it's March. So? What?)

My sister Angie sent me the nicest package of goodies, which was a real treat. Not only did she and my dear Mum create the most beautiful 3+" thick scrapbook album of my childhood pictures, I got a whoppin' big package in the mail, too!

I thi favorite thing in the box was this pretty tea cup. It's from my favorite china set, Portmerion. How did my sis know?nk my Well, she certainly knows what I like!

Let's all say it together, "Oooooooooo!"

Andy's birthday present was a bit non-traditional, but I'm happy with it nonetheless. He bought me a nice cup of latte/coffee and a pastry, and then said, "I couldn't figure out what in the world you liked for yarn or needles, so please put me out of my misery and just buy it yourself. Here's the money". Frankly, it's the best present he could have given me - now I get all the fun of deciding what to get! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! More yarn! (Oh. Must stop drooling.)

My dad gave us some money to go out to eat (we don't get to do that very often, due to the expense accrued to paying babysitters), and we went to JMK Nippon, a fabulous Japanese Steak House.

When you walk in, the walkway is hung over a beautiful fish pond complete with waterfalls and, of course, fish. Very clever, huh?

Our personal chef was very funny, and did a fantastic job cooking our food. If you've never eaten at a Japanese Tepanyaki grill, you really should try it. It's not terribly "ethnic" tasting, as the meat is basically cooked to taste teriyaki (except, it's the best teriyaki you've ever imagined.)

The chef did all sorts of amazing things with flipping his knife up and catching it, as well as some other neat tricks. Oooo, the food . . .

It wasn't too bad for prices, either. I think my chicken entree was $12, which includes a shrimp appetizer, fried rice, vegetables, and mango ice cream for dessert. (Not to mention the "show"!)

I got a bunch of funny cards from my family this year (we like trying to find the funniest card in the store for each other), but I think Angie sent me the best:

No comments: