Monday, March 3, 2008

Family Fun

Saturday is usually our "catch-up" day for chores and other things around the house, which I'm sure is the norm for most households (except for you annoyingly perfect people out there who 1) don't have anything to fix or 2) have already fixed it . . . but I digress . . . )

I made Handyman a list of things that needed to be fixed, such as drawers that the kids pulled the knobs from, cupboard doors that needed new hinges from the kids swinging on them, and blinds for the bedroom (which the kids were innocent of destroying, as we haven't gotten any yet for them to destroy.) This is the best picture of him I could get, as he refused to hold still. Now I know where the kids get it from.

Handyman and his sidekick Peter went to Menards to get the necessary stuff for fix-ups, and imagine my surprise when he called me an hour later from the local coffee shop! What a nice surprise!

Do you have any idea what a labor of love it is for any sane male to enter a posh coffee shop (in his construction clothes, no less) and order coffee for his pregnant wife? Poor man, I made him read the ENTIRE menu of available coffees, lattes, and mochas, and then spent 10 minutes waffling about which pastry I most craved (he ended up wisely getting me both). I could hear the ladies behind the counter giggling the whole time. What a sweetie he is!

Then, yesterday after church, I took some pictures of the kids sitting on the recliner. They were both sitting there looking so cute that I couldn't resist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hee hee, let's do something really naughty to annoy Mommy!"

"We're not doing anything naughty, Mommy! We're innocent as baby lambs . . ."

"Ha ha, we tricked her! Let's go wreak havoc!"

"I'm so clever. Now Banna-boo is wreaking havoc, and I won't get spanked."

No comments: