Monday, April 7, 2008

Too-Cute Cowl Neck - Done!

I wasn't sure how well I'd like this pullover when I first started it, but I'm starting to fall madly in love with it now. First of all, I just love the way the shaping turned out right and the way the sleeves "bell out" right around the cuff. It's too cute! The sleeves fit into the shoulder really well, too, which you can't really tell in the photograph, so you'll just have to accept my ever-so-slightly biased opinion. The top of the sleeve has this sort of square-ish shape, so that the drape around the shoulder falls perfectly. Sigh, pure bliss!

The cowl-neck took me a bit of fiddling to get right, but I think it looks much better now. I tried it on, and although the pullover looks funny on my bulging pregnant shape, the cowl-neck looks pretty decent, I think.

Finally, I gave it a wash in the washing machine on a gentle cycle, and it came out looking even nicer and fluffier. I think this will be one of my favorite pullovers I've ever knit.

I can't believe I'm actually happy with something I've knit! VICTORY!

Specifications:
Pattern: Too Cute Cowl Neck from Better Homes and Garden's Hip Knits
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted Weight
Size: Medium
Needles: US size 7, 9, and 11

I've had so much fun knitting this pattern that I've already cast on for another one with some different colored yarn, although it's the same brand. I think I like the colorway for this yarn better than the last. I think I'm more partial to blues, but that could be because I'm expecting a boy. (It's weird, I know, but I tend to crave colors that co-ordinate with the sex of my baby. When I was pregnant with Banna-Boo, I wore so much pink that I didn't have anything else in my closet.)

The yarn started pooling in some odd places, however, so I had to rip out a couple of inches and start over. The other cowl-neck pooled too, but I don't think it was as noticeable. I have enough problems keeping clean, so I figured having brown spots of pooling yarn wouldn't help my image any.

To fix the problem, I just knit every other row from a different skein of yarn until the pooling problem stopped. It really only did that around the waist shaping part, so once I get past that, I'll be able to go back to knitting with one skein at a time.

Fun fun fun!

(I don't want to hear about the other projects that I've started. I'm working on them. Sort of. Here and there. I haven't forgotten them, I promise! I'm just following the dictates of my latest knitting infatuation!)

No comments: