Saturday, August 30, 2008

No Corny Title, I Promise!

I'm really sorry that my posting has been so spotty lately. As I said earlier, canning season is taking over my life, and I don't think I'll be able to stop for air until everything in the garden is dead. I suppose it's the Lord's way of forcing me to look forward to winter. Hey, there's something positive in everything, right?Anyway, here are a few more pictures from the Fair, but this time I'm showing the pictures that we took in the evening. Although the kids and I usually spend every afternoon there, we only go one night during the week, and that night is purely set aside for rides.Poor Miss Boo was a little short to go on a few of the rides, so Daddy had to improvise and throw her up in the air. She didn't like that much. I suppose because it was cheaper than the real rides, and she's got expensive taste.
One ride she was able to go on was a "hot air balloon" thing. Each balloon could seat four people, and I didn't realize when I was strapping the kids in that they'd end up flying around backwards. Well, Miss Boo was very unhappy with the situation, of course. She's such a drama queen. Please take my word for it that she was completely fine the entire course of the ride. Trust me, I would never laugh at my child if she were in real danger.

After she were out of danger, of course, I'm not promising anything.

I'M JUST KIDDING!



As soon as she got off, she wanted to get back on. Figures.

Peter had an absolute blast. I don't think he was frightened at all on any of the rides, even though one or two of them would have given me the heebie jeebies. I get sick on any moving object other than one that's on the sea. I never get seasick. That's why I live in a landlocked state, hundreds of miles away from the ocean. (Lake Michigan doesn't count, because it's not an ocean, it's a lake. I'm biased, so what?)

The kids were very entertaining to watch when they were on the cars. Miss Boo picked the fire engine, most likely because it was the biggest.
Peter, of course, picked the sports car right behind her. At first I thought his decision was based on the "coolness factor" of the car, and then I realized it was because his car had a nice loud horn, which he beeped non-stop at his sister for the duration of the ride."Peter, stop that right now! I don't like it!"It's so nice to see them enjoying each other's company.

Baby Gabe was a good boy, as usual. He loves to jabber a lot, and is especially good at carrying on one-sided conversations. I took a little video so he can share his life story with you, too.

No comments: