Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Type of Humor


If you haven't noticed, my sort of humor tends to run a bit on the sarcastic side. In fact, when we were kids, my siblings and I liked to pretend we had superpowers. For instance, my brother-who-shall-here-remain-nameless had super farts, and another brother (also nameless) had super annoying powers (i.e. the power to annoy you to death). My super power was sarcasm. I could shred anyone with my tongue.

Hmmm, I suppose that's not something to be proud of, is it? Oh well. Onward. Self-reflection is only suitable for late at night and during boring movies.

(I do think that sarcasm is part of the family gene, though. We like to take Chinese fortune cookies, and make them "unfortunate cookies". For instance, if your fortune cookie says something like, "You will make many friends today", we'd translate that into, "You are a jerk and everyone hates you.")

I happened upon this website that sells "demotivators", which are a sarcastic nod to the famous motivational slogans that dot offices everywhere. They gave me a good chuckle, so here they are for you to laugh at too!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I absolutely LOVE that site! My husband seriously wants the Goverment coffee mug, and I LOVE the pretentious one...too funny!

Ellen said...

Hilarious! I can't wait to show them to Matt! :D Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

The gift of sarcasm is a rare one. Often frowned upon, usually misunderstood.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

OMG...too funny. I love those signs. I wouldn't mind buying one for the office. They all made me laugh. Especially the one about Stupidity.

You were always the sarcastic one, but many of the best comics are that way...so you are also very funny.

Got your call the other day, but I have honestly been extremely sick and busy for the past week. I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I finished my grants last night at 11pm! :) Now, I just have to print. Have a great lunch.

Marguerite said...

Exactly why I like to come to your blog for a laugh! And also to smile at the cute kids.

Sereknitty said...

Too funny!!! When I worked in the corporate world, our boardroom had all the original copies of these prints hanging around the room -- these versions are hilarious!