Monday, February 23, 2009

No Pictures

. . . too sick for pictures.

Well, to be honest, I don't think I'm really all that sick anymore, but I feel too weak to have the energy to walk the five steps to the table to get my camera.

On Thursday I started coming down with a worse-than-average cold, the kind of cold that gruffly says "Hello" and then moves in and trashes your furniture. Later that night, Mr. Cold invited his friend Mr. Fever, who brought along his wife, Mrs. Chills.
(Yes, I've been sick. That's why I'm characterizing my symptoms. I find it amusing. Of course, it could be all the cough syrup I've been taking . . .)

Well, today is the first day I've felt somewhat human, even though I got a spotty four hours of sleep last night. I'm very thankful that the majority of my sickness-induced coma was over the weekend, because Handyman was home and took very good care of me. He kept the hot tea and toast coming, the kids occupied, and even managed to do some work around the house! Again, please keep in mind my fragile mental state, but when I saw that he had repaired my cracked butter dish, I burst into tears.

(Butter is very important to me.)

Now, at this point in the narrative, I had planned to show you lovely pictures of some awesome soup and bread that my friend Penny dropped off for us. Unfortunately, as aforementioned, my camera is out of reach. Just picture in your mind a bowl filled with aromatic broth and chunky vegetables surrounded by an English boy's choir singing a heavenly chorus of "AHHHHHHH!".

Suffice it to say that the meal was a huge hit.

She also dropped off a movie I've never seen, 16 Candles, so I'd have something to watch if I got bored. Isn't that sweet?

Okay, I'm too tired to type anymore. Hopefully I'll resurface in a day or two. For now, I'm going to pass out and hope the kids don't blow up the city.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Sorry you've been feeling so lousy. I pray that you feel better very soon!

I was thinking of you yesterday... do you ever listen to Prairie Home Companion? I was listening to it yesterday and laughed through the whole thing.... it was about hating snow, the winter weather, the cold, etc., etc. -For some reason, it made me think of you.... huh, wonder why? LOL (I'm just giving you a hard time...) But if you have the time to visit their site to hear the broadcast from the 21st of Feb, you should... I think you'd get a kick out of it. ;)

Praying for you!!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon!

Too Little Time said...

Glad to hear your feeling better - 16 candles is a great movie. :) K

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

I was so happy to hear that your friends are pulling through for you. I wish I could drop off some soup too but many prayers are going up for you and well wishes too. Hope you get back in the game soon. Miss you!
Love,
Mom

Sereknitty said...

Ohhhh, poor you! I hate being sick :) I'm glad you've got such great friends close by -- I always feel better when I eat homemade soup. Lifting up prayers that you'll be back to wellness soon!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Hi Rach, I am soooooo sorry I never called you back. I've been very busy with moving at work and shifting rooms around. I'll have to blog about all this tonight. Anyway, I am so tired I am about falling asleep as I type this and I'm at work. wE are moving and today was spent unpacking and rumaging around for missing wires, etc....I hope you are feeling better. Nothing is better than hot soup when you are feeling crummy.