Saturday, October 17, 2009


I know I talk a lot about knitting here at Yarn Over, but I think I've occasionally mentioned that I teach private voice, violin and piano music lessons in the afternoons.

Since the weather has finally taken a turn for the worse, my piano's mood has also spiraled into a whirling miasma of depression and gotten herself horribly out of tune.

(Yes, my piano is feminine. One must see her legs to know this. Trust me, a male piano would never display legs like that. Plus, she's got a killer sassy atitude and routinely changes her internal workings just to exasperate me. But I digress . . .)

So, my piano tuner comes and opens up my Grand Dame and finds:
Several Disney Princess pencils between the action and the keys.

(Let me assure you that Disney Princess pencils do not usually come with Chickering Grand Pianos.)

Investigations pending, but I have my suspicions.

5 comments:

Wishful Acres Farm said...

Ain't motherhood grand?
Lol.

beadlizard said...

My mom used to hide Easter eggs every year in the piano. After, when she was at work, I would reach inside to remove all that pesky green plastic grass...

Wish I had a Chickering! They're wonderful.

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

LOL Rach I couldn't stop laughing when I read this....I guess, in the end...you have to laugh. :)

Ellen said...

Those darn princess pencils have found their way into many odd places in our household too...... The pic at the end just cracked me up. :)

Mary said...

Chuckle, chuckle