Sunday, February 28, 2010

Podiatry


Knifty Nikki has gotten me hooked on reading craft blogs, and when I saw the zipper ballet flats on Craftaholics Anonymous I decided to try to re-do my shoes as well.

I have these black pumps in my closet, but I don't like to wear them often because they're so, well, boring. They don't have the flair, flash, and pizzaz that I like on my footwear.
They needed some attention. Attention and love does wonders for shoes!

And kids!

And husbands! (Preferably just one husband at a time, and not in the order that I put them in. It is very important to rank one's family over one's shoes. So I've been told.)

Anyway, I picked up a roll of satin ribbon 2 1/2 inches wide and made two rosettes. From there, I just used my hot glue gun to glue the rosettes onto the toes!
No burns, no blisters, and no swearing!
When it comes to the glue gun, that has to be a record for me. Every crafter has their nemesis, and mine is the glue gun. They are evil things with a sadistic delight in maiming fingers.

2 comments:

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

I would love to have seen some pics of you making the rosettes. I guess you couldn't juggle making them and taking pics at the same time. Perhaps Mr. Petse can take a pic of that for your.

Cleo said...

I'm with Ellen...would have liked to have seen some pics of you making the rosettes. Although it might be a little manic to try this, not to mention aggravating, perhaps you could set the timer on your camera and than run back in front of it and do step 1, etc., etc. ;) I'm kidding! LOL!! Seriously, I have a pair of shiny black pumps that I picked up at Target for cheap...but NEVER wear them. Although I believe there is grace and beauty in the simple, I don't think many shoes should fall into that category. Usually, the rest of my attire is "simple", so I need to fancifully accessorize! Maybe do the inverse of what you did and get a "not shiny" ribbon for the shiny shoes??? Just not sure how to make a rosette. Hmmmm....