Sunday, April 18, 2010
I had about a yard of black satin ribbon left from refashioning my black shoes, so I decided to use it to make a hair band.
After making the rosette, I hot glued it onto a hair band that I'd bought from the Dollar Tree. (5 for a dollar - great bargain!).
I used a small square of ribbon to glue on the underside of the hair band to help hold the rosette onto the thin head band, and to ensure the rosette didn't feel lumpy on my head. I might have lumps in my head, but none on, thank you very much. One must have one's limits, after all.
It still didn't seem quite right to me with just the black rosette, so I rummaged through my small collection of beading bits and pieces and found a short length of a necklace I had taken apart for another project. Perfect!
Using some needle and thread I sewed the necklace bits onto a small pile in the center of the rosette.
I'm so happy with the way this came out! Best yet, the headband, along with being cheap, is flexible. I don't care for plastic headbands because I can't adjust them if they're too tight, but these little metal ones can hold their shape!
Well, I've finally started making interesting things for Baby Ella. I ran across a baby booties pattern on Ravelry , and I thought ...
First, start with an obscene amount of tomatoes. Yes, "obscene" is a measurable amount. Basically just fill your laundry basket ...
Over the July 4th holiday Handyman and I decided to take the kids on an impromptu camping excursion. I think the kids were ( insert heavy...
~~~~~ It's not too late to enter my giveaway ! I really like reading the blog Ruffles and Stuff where I've gotten so many great id...
Baking (2) cards (4) Children (139) Christmas (15) Cooking (18) Dyeing (2) Etsy (17) Freezer Paper Stencils (3) Gardening (37) Gift (21) Holidays (45) Home Decor (5) Home School (9) Housework (8) Knitting (228) My Patterns (25) Quilting (5) Recycled Yarn (3) Refashion (6) Scrapbooking (11) Sewing (72) tutorial (18) Yarn (23)
Powered by Blogger.