Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Gabe: "Mawwwww-meee! MU-cus!"

Me: "What baby? Need me to wipe your nose?" I wipe his nose.

Gabe: "Mawwwwww-mee. MU-cus. Mu-cus Mawwww-meee!"

Me: (thinking hard and trying to get my mommy braincells to quit thinking about possible knitting patterns and start translating) "Hmmm, 'mucus'. What is mucus?"

Oh. Yeah.

Music.

I wonder if he was giving his assessment of my talents as a music teacher or inquiring after a particular hard-rock band that he wants to start up in the garage as soon as he can figure out how to escape from home and carry Handyman's guitar.

Every time I look at his cute and mischievous little face I can feel white hairs start sprouting all over my scalp.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

He is SOOO adorable!! And I love their words at that age..

Ellen said...

Too funny. Lilli has a lot of great little things that we try to remember to write down. ;)

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Awww... Mucus = Music is much nicer than Go-way...which means Go AWAY. Michelle loves to us that when we are trying to change her diaper, put her in a shopping cart, or try to keep her still.

Cutie patootie.