Sunday, September 5, 2010

County Fair

This year my Uncle Gary came up to visit us while our county fair was here, and we were thrilled to drag him along to every ride and exhibit.
Although I've always entered quite a few things in the past, this year, I didn't enter anything because I forgot to get my entry form filled out and in the mail in time. With me out of the way, my arch-nemesis, Marie Bronkema scooped up all the prizes.
(I have no idea who the woman is. I don't want to meet her, because she'll probably be a wonderful person and then I won't be able to hate her.)

Ahhh, the delights of fair food! I am so thankful that the county fair is only once a year. My self-control wouldn't be able to handle the daily temptation of fried cheese curds, cream puffs, elephant ears, and roast beef sandwiches.
Although I try to stress the delights of viewing all the 4-H animals, for the kids, the main purpose of going to the fair is to go on the rides.

Poor baby Gabe the Escapee is too small to go on most of the rides, but thankfully there were one or two that he could go on with his older brother.
He did have to spend most of his time in the stroller and watch all the excitement from there. His wandering nature didn't much care for the idea.
This year the fair was held much earlier than in the past years, so the weather was warmer than I remember it being for previous fairs. We took turns watching the kids on the rides so that the rest of us could squat in the shade and attempt to keep cool.
My Uncle Gary, coming from Memphis, didn't seem to mind the heat as much as the rest of us. Handyman kept cool in shorts and showed a fashionable bit of tan line at the same time. (*Snicker snicker*)
Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am sure Uncle laughed at YOUR idea of heat as much as YOU laugh at HIS idea of snow. haha!!!