Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hilton Head

The first place we stayed at on Hilton Head was a resort RV park.

It was rough.

Very rough.

Since it was Memorial Day weekend, the beach was pretty crowded, but we didn't let that stop us from heading to the beach every day!

We had a delicious lunch served up by Mum, our deli assistant extraordinaire.  I love that her deli counter is a boogie board!

My sister Angie and her husband Mike along with my niece Michelle and nephew Caleb were able to come as well.

Miss Boo quickly staked out a nearby sand pool as her "territory". 

The kids found all sorts of interesting creatures like hermit crabs, sand dollars, and even a few cannonball jellyfish!

Hey look, an oreo!  Mmm, gotta love that creamy filling!
 
Given Gabe's proclivities for wandering off, I made sure to dress him in something bright yellow to make him easier to keep track of.  Even so, we did have a few heart-stopping moments with "WHERE'S GABE?!"  followed by "oh, right over there poking that jellyfish.  Good, he's okay."


Handyman enjoyed kayaking, but dude, it was my vacation for goodness sakes!  I didn't want to do anything that resembled work.

Ahhhh, now this was my idea of vacation!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

LOL - this post is hilarious for several reasons...

Although, I do love kayaking... :)

TuttleTime said...

I am going to kill you for posting that horrible photo of me...I do love the others and cannot wait til I finish the book.