Saturday, April 7, 2012

Splish Splash Spring

 

I just can't believe how warm March was.

Usually March is the most depressing month of the year for me.  It's my birthday month, and while in the Sunny South my family is enjoying beautiful weather and blossoming trees, up here in the Frigid North we are suffering through drippy, sloppy, late-winter snot weather.

A few weeks ago when it was 80 degrees (80 DEGREES!!!!!!!) I took the kids to a little creek that runs through the park. 

 Peter's friend Gavin also came with us.

Gavin and Peter have been best friends from the womb.  Literally.  Their birthdays are only a week apart, and they've known each other since then.

The kids were convinced that there were crayfish to be found and spent a lot of time "spotting" the crayfish and "almost catching" the creatures with the butterfly net.

 



Ah, how wonderful to be able to sit and put my feet up while the kids amused themselves with mud!

No comments: