Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taking Some Time

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile (and a double apology if you've tried calling me and I haven't called back).  Although Ella was a nice chunky 9 pounds 12 ounces at birth, she's lost weight since then and she's been slow to put it back on.  I had a lot of trouble with my last baby (Gabe) who was also a 9 pounder.  His inability to put on weight resulted in my having to switch to bottle feeding and eventually giving up nursing altogether and exclusively using formula.

So, on top of what seems like constant nursing of Ella in an effort to fatten her up, I have a lot of self-doubts and fears to deal with.

(It's also rather frustrating when I think that I went to all that excruciating effort to pop out a 9 pound baby and now I'm worried about her weight.  AARG!)

Anyway, I will try to have something to post soon, but in the mean time, your prayers are very much appreciated.

(Don't worry, Ella hasn't lost enough weight that the doctor or midwife is truly concerned yet, but she's two weeks old and still isn't back to her birth weight.  I think that the problem is that she wants to sleep all the time and what with efforts to keep her awake, each nursing session takes an hour.)

No comments: