I recently purchased some adorable fabric from FabricWorm.com called "Scamper and Friends".
It was so cute and vintage looking, and it appealed to me immensely. I had visions of making adorable matching dresses for Miss Boo and Baby Ella.
I also purchased the coordinating orange fabric (orange is one of my favorite accent colors right now), but unfortunately, while the colors match perfectly, the design motif is the same general size as the figures in the main fabric, and the affect of the two fabrics together is a little too busy for my taste.
I would have preferred the orange motif to be much smaller, but, oh well, I bought it so I felt obligated to use it.
I didn't use an official pattern, but followed the instructions for a basic peasant dress, with the exception that I added a band of the orange fabric to the top before gathering it at the neckline.
Instead of using elastic in a casing I decided to make the neckline edge permanent with gray binding and adding a button closure at the back.
For some reason that I can't quite determine, the dress bunched oddly around the middle, so I decided to try to remedy that by making a small button tab at the back waist. In retrospect I'm glad that it worked out this way, because I love how pretty it looks!
The buttons I found in my button stash, and I'm so pleased with how well they look!
The front needed a bit of embellishment as well, so I added two pockets with a bit of gray ruffled trim and another button.
Not exactly as I had envisioned it in my head, but pretty cute nonetheless!