Friday, August 2, 2013

Krispey Kreme Doughnuts



Ella and I left Hartwell and headed back to my parents' town to meet at Krispy Kreme Donuts.

Now, if you've never had hot, fresh, Krispy Kreme donuts, then your life is devoid of meaning and purpose.

I'm sorry, but there it is.  Krispy Kreme's are a bit like french fries in that 20 minutes after they've arrived, they no longer have that magical crispy-ness, but during that previous 20 minutes, an alchemical process takes place transforming dough and sugar and other deliciously artery-clogging ingredients into pure deliciousness.

Why in the world a doughnut shop sells oatmeal is beyond my understanding.  It's like offering crayons to Michelangelo.

In a bid to drive my sugar-high children into complete hysteria, there were also balloons being handed out.

It's too bad there aren't any Krispy Kreme's anywhere near us in the Frigid North.  (And by "anywhere near", I mean within 50 miles, because I know, I've checked).

No comments: