Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Train of Terror


Our little town has an old-fashioned train that runs for special holidays, and during the Halloween season they convert it into the Train of Terror. 

The kids look forward to this every year.

Gabe sat next to me and kept comforting me and telling me "not to be scared, because he would beat up the bad guys" for me.


Although there is a fee to ride, the people who run the train are all volunteers as the money goes to train upkeep.

The people who terrorize the train are also volunteers, and generations of families camp out with elaborate set-ups just to join in the fun.

It's perfect for little kids, because it's thrilling but not too frightening.


Even Ella wasn't fazed.

1 comment:

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

Oh I remember that. I thought it was great that a community pull together like that for the kids. Very nice tradition.