Friday, October 5, 2007

A Pea in God's Palm

The other night, I was really struggling with something that was eating at my mind. There I was, in bed, exhausted, but unable to sleep because my head was stuffed with angry thoughts, worry, and discontentment. Even my stomach was upset, and I felt like I had a churning ball of ick in there!

Now, I don't mean to sound all freaky and weired, but I am a very visual person, so sometimes I pray in "visual" ways. Anyway, that night, I prayed that God would take that burden from me. I could clearly envision myself holding this huge, icky green mass of bad thoughts. Just as I was ready to hand that enormous ball of my worries to God, (this next part came as a huge shock to me, because it wasn't what I had really thought of), a gigantic finger and thumb plucked that whole icky mess from my arms.

What had seem overwhelming to me was nothing to my Big God.

A few days later, I shared with my sister this little prayer experience (feeling a bit sheepish, like right now), and she was so encouraging. My sweet sis sent me this incredible photograph she took to remind me Who is in control of my life.

She also made me these beautiful earrings that I can wear as a reminder of God's ability to turn "icky green messes" into "beautiful beads". Isn't that the nicest thing? (She's soooo talented at making jewelry. It's amazing.)

I've put off writing about this, because I often feel rather shy about sharing my personal walk with the Lord, but I was convicted that I should share more, instead of being so concerned for my silly pride. Anyway, I hope you have Someone to hand your troubles to!

"You will keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is set on You, because he trusts in You." ~ Isaiah 26:3

"The Lord is my Light and my Salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the Strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1

No comments: